9.8.09

Cd of The Week: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix + I'm Back!!

Hey y'all, miss me? First of all I congratulate my esteemed friend Mary Ann for keeping the blog alive during my absence. Do to many technological problems (compy down, internet down) and personal problems (doggy is sick among other things) I have been away from my computer. But for all you worriers, I'm back, safe and sound. Now onto the stuff you come here for in the first place.

Now my C.D. of the week is a weird choice. Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. This is the new cd from the band Phoenix. This Cd combines the legato (for you none music types, that means a slurred sounds) vocals of Thomas Mars with the erratic staccato ( short single notes) of Laurent Brancowitz's guitar. At first glance this seems like a decent indie-pop band, but as you listen to they're music you realize, they add in a very exotic element to the songs. This element is electronica. Phoenix's new cd is more Alt. Rock rather than indie-pop electronic. but it still a great C.D.

Laurent Brancowitz (lead guitar) and Deck D'Arcy (bass) are the people to look out for in this C.D. They both display a phenominal expertese in their instruments. Their singer is mediocere. He should stop doing echoes. He does this thing where he repeats himself constantly in an effect to become his own echoer.

The song I chose from this C.D. is Lisztomania. Liszromania is the big hit from Phoenix. He does the echoing this and the lyrics don't make much sense, but its a catchy tune. Enjoy guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment